About Agave Syrup
Agave Syrup is a natural vegan fructose sweetener lovingly extracted from the Salmeana or Blue Weber agave plant grown on our farms. Our plants are grown on special farms in Jalisco, Mexico and take up to 7 years to reach peak maturity. The versatile plant has been cultivated in the area for thousands of years and today
is used to produce Agave syrup, Agave powder, Agave inulin or Tequila.
The taste of agave nectar is comparable, though not identical, to honey. Many people who do not like the taste of honey find agave a more palatable choice. It also does not have the bitter aftertaste associated with artificial sweeteners. Agave syrup is an excellent, highly soluble sweetener to be used in production or as a simple sweetener for everyday use in the kitchen. Because Agave syrup is 1.4 times sweeter than refined sugar, it therefore contains less carbohydrates spoon for spoon. The low Glycemic Index rating of 22 means that the energy is released gradually in the body, reducing blood sugar spikes associated with refined sugar. This kind of low GI diet raises the levels of good cholesterol, reduces triglycerides, lowers cardiac risk and reduces the possibility of suffering from obesity.
Agave products can be used as an ingredient in a wide variety of products. For example:
- Confectionery products such as popsicles, marshmallows, candies, chewing gum and chocolate.
- Fruit preservatives for example jellies and jams.
- Beverages including, coffee drinks, juices, sodas, teas, smoothies and energy drinks.
- Baked goods such as cookies, cakes, bread, gelatin and a wide variety of desserts.
- Cereals and granolas for example cereals with fruit and granola, snack and energy bars.
- Dairy products, including products with cows and almond milk, coconut milk, rice milk, yogurt, shakes, smoothies and ice cream.
- Spices such as seasonings, dressings and sauces.
- Cosmetics, for example lotions, hair products, face masks and oils.